Hello my dear friends and fellows! Welcome to my space Dish of Delight once again!
Onion pakora is quite a popular pakora sold at shops and also made at home. People of all regions of our country is familiar to this pakora. Onion pakora at our place is known as peyaji. At shops these pakoras are made with besan i.e. gram flour but at home I make it with masoor dal Or red lentil paste and it tastes much better. So, I would suggest you to try this recipe once and I hope you will love it.
Let’s go through the recipe for peyaji or onion pakora.
Masoor dal or red lentils ½ cup soaked for 2 hours
Onion 2 medium sized, thinly sliced
Green chillies 2 or 3
Ginger ½” piece
Kashmiri red chilli powder 2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Oil enough for deep frying the pakoras
• Grind the lentils along with the green chillies and ginger to make a coarse texture paste. Do not add water while grinding
• In a mixing bowl, take lentil paste, sliced onion, salt as per taste, Kashmiri red chilli powder and mix all the ingredients well
• Heat oil in a kadhai at medium high flames. Once heated, reduce the flames to medium low.
• Take small portions of the mixture and gently drop in the hot oil.
• Fry the pakoras from both sides until they turn golden brown in colour.
• Strain out the pakoras from the oil and serve it hot with steaming hot tea and enjoy.