Today I thought of sharing the most easiest chicken curry recipe of my kitchen. Cooking gets completed in just few steps yet tastier than lots of other complicated recipes. The secret of taste in this recipe is the roasting of the chicken curry. The more you keep patience with the roasting time of the curry, the tastier is the resulting outcome.
Chicken 600 gm
Onion 2 medium sliced
Tomato 1 medium chopped to medium pieces
Green chillies 4 or 5 slit
Capsicum 1/4 cup diced to medium pieces
Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
Juice of 1/2 of a lemon
Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
Kashmiri red chilli powder 1 tsp
Cumin powder 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder 1 tsp
Black pepper powder 1 tsp
Garam masala powder 1 tsp
Bay leaf 1 or 2
Whole dry red chilli 1
Salt as per taste
Mustard oil 1 + 2 tbsp
- Take the chicken pieces in a mixing bowl. Into it, add the onions, ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, Kashmiri chilli powder, black pepper powder, 1 tbsp oil, salt, lemon juice and mix all the ingredients well. Cover and refrigerate this chicken marinade for minimum 4 hrs or overnight
- After the marinating time is over, allow the chicken to come to the room temperature. Heat the remaining oil in a kadhai at medium high flames and temper it with the bay leaf and dry red chilli. Transfer the chicken marinade to the kadhai and stir and roast for few seconds and cover it.
- Cover an cook the chicken at medium high flames untill it releases its moisture. Once it has released its juices, reduce the flames to medium low, open cover, stir well and again cover and let the chicken cook in its own juices
- Continue to cook the chicken this way untill oil starts separating from the spices. At this stage, add the tomatoes and mix well and again cover and cook untill the tomatoes softens. Now, add the slit green chillies, capsicum and mix well cook for another 5 to 7 minutes uncovered
- Then add about 1/2 a cup of water and stir well. Cover and cook for another 7 to 10 minutes. Now remove the cover check with the salt and adjust it to your taste. Check the consistency of the gravy. Since this is a thick gravy curry, evaporate the excess water if any. Add the garam masala powder, mix well and switch off the flames.
- Let the curry rest a little and serve it hot with some plain rice or pulao or roti or anything of your choice.